Saturday, April 17, 2010

April Journaling Retreat and New Pogo trick!

Last week my wonderful group of art journaling friends had another 4 day retreat on Guemes Island.  I didn't feel as productive as I have in the past, but I took quite a few pictures and had a good time.  Yesterday on Facebook, I found Traci Bunkers work with Polaroid Pogo printers, she had done a double exposure!  It is so simple, all you need to do is print one image, then run that print back through the printer and print a different image!

I played around with it last night with pictures of Catherine and Celeste, and pages they worked on at the retreat.  There was a little too much dark in each of the images, so they aren't very clear, but you can get the idea!  Traci also had a link to a very cool video which showed some truly awesome things to do with the prints from the Pogo.   If you have been thinking about getting a Pogo, this ought to push you to do it!

8 comments:

Jill Holmes said...

Hi Gwen! Glad to see you're posting again...I was supposed to be posting on mine but found myself reading everyone else's instead! Love your last few posts. I have a Pogo and I LOVE knowing all the stuff you shared. I will definitely have to try some of the techniques. I didn't know you could run them through twice. Glad to see you back!

Binky said...

Hi Gwen,
Is this Pogo just a printer or does it also take photos? If you have one can you bring it to our next meet up so I can check it out?

Tara Ross Studios said...

what a cool idea!!

Gwen said...

Binky, the Pogo is just a printer, but the pictures are about the size of an ATC and are stickers! You hook up your camera to the printer via the camera's USB cable. Very easy. I use it for travel journals, and just having fun.

Paula McNamee said...

Thanks, Gwen, for sharing the Pogo information. Love your photos! I can't wait to take some photos and double expose them with the Pogo printer.

Tara Ross Studios said...

As a coincidence, my BF just bought me one for a mother's day gift. :)

I haven't been able to use it with my camera though, maybe it will work with my phone and bluetooth.

celeste said...

love!!

Louie said...

Gwen, your double "exposures" are grat - especially the one on the right. Love it! My experiments haven't worked out so well, but I keep trying!