Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Reflecting on hands

I feel a little like I am cheating here, using more photos from my Point and Shoot journal, and of the October assignments at that, but I have been busy with preparations for Christmas, so a reflection on hands seemed appropriate!

I am making things this Christmas, for the first time in a few years. Yes, I know this is a little crazy for someone who calls themselves an artist! As is the case for many this year, things are a little tight financially. I am using things I already had to make a few gifts. There is something so satisfying about that! It seems easier to buy something already made, but the fun is in the planning and the making, for me.Offering for this day, 10 days before Christmas, all the things that hands can do! I am especially grateful for my hands' ability at this moment, having recovered from a broken wrist at the beginning of this year.

I also offer another plug for LK Ludwig, she is offering a photo prompt a day from Dec. 14 until January 1st. I will try to play along, as well! I am also taking her painting class, which started yesterday! I am sorry, the photo prompt link doesn't work, and blogger won't let me delete it! Go to LK's blog (that link does work) and you will find it.

I never used to have any trouble with blogger, and now my posts look ridiculous! It highlights text I don't want highlighted, and does other crazy stuff... Any ideas?

5 comments:

Tara Ross Studios said...

No ideas, but have a wonderful holiday season.

xo...
Tara

Paula McNamee said...

Love your hand journal pages- especially when I know your busy hands create wonderful gifts.

As to your blog difficulties- did you try highlighting the underlined & bolded lines and then de-underline and un-bold them in the font bar at the top of the post. It's so frustrating when the program doesn't do what you want it to do.

Hope you're enjoying the holiday season.

Judy Wise said...

Your photo pages really inspire me. I love the big photos and then the way you wrote around them and boxed in the paragraphs. Very cool.

And that get away with the girlfriends. Sweet heaven; I can see it in the eyes of each participant. Beautiful. xo

celeste said...

love your journal pages....
any new photos to show us?

Liesel Lund said...

Gwen! Just came by to peek to see if you had any of your latest work up. I take it you've been busy : ). I hope life is treating you well! Sending bunches of inspiration your way. : )