Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Magical Weekend!

This is the beautiful group of women I spent the last several days with! In the back row from the left are Liesel, Celeste, Kathe, Catherine. In the front, from the left are Rose, me, Penelope, Michelle and Ruth. We are so happy because we had a perfect weekend sharing, working on art journals and laughing A LOT! This was our first time doing something like this, and it was a smashing success.

Our cabin was big enough and well equipped, everyone had enough room to spread out and work in their various journals, there was plenty of food, everyone pitched in to help, the hot tub was great, and some creative breakthroughs were achieved by everyone.

Catherine had the idea and we managed to pull off such a successful weekend that we are planning another one for November, though not at Mt. Baker (where we went this weekend).

kelly rae has written about the power and just pure FUN of getting together with a bunch of like-minded women in her recent posts about the Love Bomb group she started, and I was envious, even knowing that I had this weekend coming up. I had no idea that the group of us would gel so well, as none of us really knew all of the other people in the group, but gel we did in the best possible way.

We asked a kind stranger at Half Moon Bakery in Maple Falls take this photo. We stopped there this morning to share with each other one last time all of the pages we created over the previous three days.

I will share more in the next few days, and check out Liesel's blog here this week, as she is planning to post about our weekend also.

6 comments:

Tara Ross Studios said...

How fun, and the weather was perfect!

Liesel said...

Wow-you are fast Gwen! I don't know if I'll get a post up this week-I don't know when I'll get the pics from Rose plus have a few other things on my plate. I'll try!
Great post!

celeste said...

Gwen! What a great weekend. I actually managed to download photos and post a bit about the gussies on my blog this morning...looking forward to meeting up regularly!
blessings....

Jill Holmes said...

Awesome! Yay! I'm so glad it turned out for you and now I am jealous. I thought I was going to have a girl journaling long weekend this weekend but the hubby had other plans. Oh well. I'll find another time.

Paula McNamee said...

Your retreat sure looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing. I hope I can come to the next one.

celeste said...

See you at 4 tomorrow!