Sunday, June 14, 2009

An Adventure! and a book in which to chronicle it

Tomorrow we leave for a week in Santa Fe, the oldest capitol city in the United States! New Mexico is called the Land of Enchantment, and that is what it has always been for me. I have never been, and this is a much anticipated trip!

Above is the cover of my travel journal, I have been working on it for a couple of weeks. The covers are museum board, nice and heavy. I like using the binder rings, because I can move things around, as well as allowing the book to lay flat for painting and writing. The pages are hot press watercolor paper cut to size, in this case they are 9 x 7 1/2.
A collage I made on one page using images from a tourist guide magazine DH ordered from New Mexico. Some of the things I am excited to see.
I prepared a few of the pages with paint and stamps, but many are blank. I am going to be sketching and using Peerless Watercolors to paint. I also have two memory cards with me for my camera, and I plan to fill both of them! Another advantage of binder rings: more pages can be added if need be!

6 comments:

Binky said...

Have a wonderful trip Gwen.

celeste said...

yeah! I just commented on your FB page hoping to see some photos of this journal...I look forward to seeing more online -- and then the full thing in person at the journaling retreat later this summer.
Have a great time!!

Gwen said...

Thanks, Binky and Celeste!

Tara Ross Studios said...

Have fun on your trip!

Paula McNamee said...

Your journal looks wonderful and I really like the cover. It will be fun to hear all about your adventures and to see your journal pages. Enjoy!!!

Elektra said...

This is beautiful!