Thursday, May 28, 2009

Something wonderful to share...

I am very excited and honored to announce that I have some art work published in LK Ludwig's new book, Collaborative Art Journals and Shared Visions in Mixed Media! I received my copy over the weekend and poured over the book many times. It is a beautiful book, with a wide variety of collaborations.
I am especially pleased that LK chose to write a long section about the Photoart Journals yahoo group, of which I am a member. Catherine Anderson started the group in 2006, shortly after ArtFest. I was lucky enough to be one of Catherine's roommates that year, and found out about the group from her.

We have made over 30 books in the last 3 years, and each one is a treasure. Being in this group has enriched me in many ways. The page above illustrates one of our early books, but one of my very favorites. The book is about Texture, and it was exciting to look for and photograph different textures. One of my texture photos is on the page above!

I found the book to be very inspiring, I am thinking of some one-on-one collaborations that I could start, and maybe another circle journal in the future.

4 comments:

celeste said...

i just looked at this book today at B&N...requested it to be purchased at the library. I paged through quickly...had LM with me.
let's do coffee soon...I'll send you a message on FB.

Binky said...

Rats! I got the letter and forgot to order mine. I'll have to do it right now.
I was suprised to see whaich of my stuff she had put in.

Tara Ross Studios said...

Congratulations Gwen! I'll go look a little more closely at my copy.

xo...

Are you ready for your hooked doll yet?

liesel said...

How wonderful Gwen! Congratulations! That is so exciting! I'll be sure to look for your art when I see the book. Have a great trip!! I'll look forward to seeing it through your eyes on your blog when you get back!