Saturday, March 28, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mama!



This photo is a few years old, but the only recent one I have of the three generations. That is my mama in the middle, and my daughter on the right. We are going to Portland today to meet up with my sister and two brothers to celebrate our mama's 90th birthday! Unfortunately, none of the grandchildren will be able to be there.



My mama was born in Kansas, and made the big trip to Oregon after she and my dad got married, 61 years ago. They have lived in Portland ever since. Her world has gotten even smaller in the last few years, due to physical limitations, but her sense of humor and wit really shine when all of her children are around, so it will be a fun weekend.

1 comment:

celeste said...

happy birthday! how great that she's so close. have a great time and safe travels!