Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday Morning Musing

morning tree at Fort Worden



I haven't posted for over a month because I have been thinking about what this blog is about, what do I want to do with it? I think when I have long lapses between posts one of the reasons is I am not sure what I am trying to accomplish here.



I updated my profile information (located to the left of this post) to define for myself what I want to do. Hopefully, this will be helpful to my readers, too. I have decided that I was very out of balance with my work life. Don't know why I needed to break my wrist to slow down enough to realize this, but there you go. When I start back to work in about a month (hopefully), I will have the opportunity to structure my work hours so I have a more sane schedule.



I have tried to focus on art making as much as possible since I have been on this hiatus, and I have learned that I need to structure that as well. I have not made art 24/7, as I thought I would, I have to make it a priority, just like anything else.

This post is meant to reintroduce myself and my blog. I look forward to sharing my thoughts on art making and life making, and photos of both.

1 comment:

celeste said...

i like your post. and the mantra of healing balance passion. great photo of the tree. i'm so happy to be going to artfest soon...i am in serious need of a little balance. and hoping that artfest - morning walks, days filled with art and nights filled with laughter will really help with that.
wish you were going too.
see you sunday?