Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I am back!

i am back, with a journal page a day. This may not be one of my better pages, but considering that I did most of it with one hand, I am happy! The background and the fabric border were done months ago, I added the photo, the drawing, the journaling--all with one hand. Thank God that I finally mastered scanning, trying to line up a photo would be tough! I had surgery on my left wrist almost a week ago. Thanks to a nerve block in my left arm and good drugs for when the block wore off, I really have had no pain, which I think is amazing when I look at these x-rays of my wrist. That is one plate and NINE screws...


When I go in to see the surgeon next week I will have the large splint removed and hopefully be put into a removeable brace. There is no lifting with the left arm for at least 6 weeks, and then only a gradual return to enough strength and range of motion in my wrist to go back to my work as a massage therapist.
I don't talk about my work in this blog much, but I really love being a massage therapist, and this accident has really made me realize how important it is to me, aside from the fact that is the way I earn my living!
The next couple of months will be hard, but at least I can work in my art journal to process the feelings.


3 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Gwen, Glad you're back. Bet if feels good getting back to working on art. Love your page.
Heal quick!

Fran Meneley said...

Hi Gwen - I am so sorry to hear about your wrist - I'll miss seeing you at PLAY! Jeez, what a bummer on so many levels - those x-rays are impressive. Are you going to use them in a journal page??? THAT would be cool. I'm very inspired that in spite of the break you are committed to journaling a page a day! I'm sure it will help you heal faster - art has that capacity, don't you think? Anyway, get well soon....healing thoughts coming your way. Best - Fran p.s. Now's your chance to GET a massage!

celeste said...

prayers continue.
see you at Art group soon?