Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Poem for the day, sharing words



LK Ludwig is hosting a day of sharing words, hop on over and read the many selections of bloggers, and enjoy their images. This photo captures what my family calls a "bibical sky".


When I was in high school, my friend Becky and I shared a love of poetry, especially e.e. cummings. Though he is considered a bit of a light weight now, I got out some of my books and found this one, which I loved then, and still love now.




i thank You God for most this amazing
day:for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes

(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday;this is the birth
day of life and of love and wings:and of the gay
great happening illimitably earth)

how should tasting touching hearing seeing
breathing any--lifted from the no
of all nothing--human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?

(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)

1 comment:

Michele said...

Gwen,

Oh, my dear, I could NOT have written the poem on my blog for LK's Day of Sharing Words, but bless you for thinking I could!

LOVE the e.e. cummings poem. One of my all time favorites is his "maggie and milly and molly and may". Do you know that one? About going down to the sea to play? "and may came home with a smooth round stone, as small as the world and as large as alone." How I wish I had written that! You've inspired me....I'm going to go put this one on my blog, too!

Still hoping I will be able to do the photo crawl in Jan. It's a great idea and I so want to play with you all.

Hugs,
Michele