Sunday, November 9, 2008

I have been tagged...


I don't usually do these, though I enjoy reading them, but Celeste has tagged me for a meme, and also asked me to start posting again, so I will play along! And, thanks to Binky, I can link to others without having to type out the whole address...I am a slooow study on computer things!
The photo is of my hubby and I with our daughter and her wonderful boyfriend in Austin, TX where they live (for the time being). We visited them in October. I am working on my travel journal from the trip, and will share later.


So, here are the rules:

1. link to the tagger, and list the rules on your blog.

2. share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some wierd

3. tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog

4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Here are the 7 things about me.

1. My name is Gwen and I am a complusive reader. I have a tendency to read the way others
might drink, I go through periods when I read constantly. Like the last few months.
2. I love the Betsy-Tacy books by Maud Hart Lovelace, especially the ones about their high
school years. I couldn't count how many times I have read them. They were written in the
early part of the last century, Betsy gets married at the beginning of WWI.
3. I was a member of the Young Republicans in highschool for about 2 weeks. I have never
voted Republican in my life! Don't hate me, I discovered the error of my ways with lightning
speed!
4. I am very vain about my red hair, and plan to have it until I die!
5. I collect crocheted potholders and also cloth ones with faces on them
6. I commune with trees.
7. I have a degree in Japanese language and Asian studies that I have never used once in my entire life!!


I probably can't think of anyone to tag, as Celeste tagged most of the people I would feel comfortable tagging. I read a lot of blogs, but most of them aren't personal friends of mine.
I have reviewed this post a couple of times, and when I preview it, the line spacing is all out of whack. I do not want to re-type the whole thing, so I apologize for the ridiculous line breaks. It
doesn't look like that when I type it.... who knows?

3 comments:

celeste said...

thanks for playing! Such interesting bits of information - Japanese? That's a super marketable skill, but super high stress I'd imagine. Young Republicans in H.S.? I was in Young Life (practically the same thing at my H.S., I don't think we had Young Republicans because they were too similar - interesting fact, I wouldn't have voted Republican the first time I could vote, right out of H.S. because in high school someone told me that Ronald Reagan was a pawn of the devil because his name had 6 characters each - I don't remember his middle name but apparantly it had 6 letters too - eek 666, the sign...there's another quirky bit of info about me -- i'm weirdly superstitious like that).

Gwen said...

For anyone who reads this, I graduated from college a L-O-N-G time ago, and have forgotten all the Japanese I once knew, so it is no longer a marketable skill...

Actually, since I never went to Japan and immersed myself in the language, it never really was. I am NOT sorry that I had that as my major, however.

Paula McNamee said...

It's amazing to learn neat little bits about your life and what you love to do. I'm glad that you are back blogging and now I want to read your recommended books! Paula