Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Travel Journal

The front of the travel journal I did while we were on vacation. I used caran d'ache and a water brush to add color to the pages, the gesso made that possible, I did a little writing on each page and the date.
I added the trimmed off edges of the water color I did with Patricia to commemorate that day, and the warning sign we saw so many times on the way to Port Townsend.
This is the inside of the travel journal, unfolded. I added photos from the trip, and business cards I picked up from memorable places we visited.
The four of us on Long Beach (I am only in shadow). I love how happy everyone looks, we were!
This was a cool way to do a travel journal, and I will do this type again, if not for a travel journal, for something else. I really liked the shape and the surface.

1 comment:

m i c h e l l e said...

This is FANTASTIC! I love the format and love your pictures...especially the shadow. :-)

Hope you're doing well!

Hugs,
Michelle