Thursday, August 28, 2008

Catching up with the Circle Journal

Celeste (http://stonesoupart.blogspot.com/) started a circle journal group several months ago, my journal is graffiti, I wrote about it in May or June. I have finally finished working in Celeste's book, this is the title page. She is a new mom, and wanted thoughts on raising a child.

Raising a child is a long time ago for me, but it is a subject that is near to my heart. I did have a little trouble getting started on the book, though, cute pastel thoughts kept floating around in my head, and I am just not a pastel kind of person... Some of the pages were started a little by Celeste, and I added to this one, the most important ingredient in raising a happy and well-adjusted child! It is water-soluble crayon and Sharpie poster paint marker.
The next page is about books, I found an magazine article about collecting Golden books, and it was perfect for a page about the importance of reading, something I happen to know that Celeste is already doing with her little man!

We read books and novels to our children until well past the age that most parents quit reading to their kids. We enjoyed it as much as the kids. I remember my father reading Winnie-the-Pooh to me and my siblings and all of us laughing about Eeyore, and I wanted to share memories like that with my kids. I read most of The Chronicles of Narnia to my son, and we loved it.
The last page is really "me". Not only do I think that play is so important for kids of all ages, but I like the colors and the randomness of the spread. I colored a few background pages for the other players to do with what they will.
Tomorrow the book is off to Michelle (http://michellegeller.typepad.com). And I hope that I will have another book to work in soon. The process is going slower than we anticipated, but I am enjoying it. Luckily, there are only 7 of us in the group, or at our current rate, we would be doing this for a very long time... And I will be the first to admit that I hold on to the books for a long time! I will try to do better the next time...!

2 comments:

celeste said...

i love them!
i cannot wait to see them in person --
or any one of the journals in person -- i'm going to call cordelia to try to get them here soon!

m i c h e l l e said...

Oh this looks like a fun one! I can't wait to get it!