Monday, April 14, 2008

Been back for a week

I have been back from Art Fest for a week. It was wonderful, as usual. It is so great to hang out with other like-minded creative people for 5 days, basking in the joy of being your crazy, creative self and knowing that everyone "gets" you.



This year, I went with my friend, Ruth, and we met up with our room mates, Margot and Karen and Catherine. Catherine is the one responsible for this great car! It was photographed by the local (Port Townsend, WA) newspaper and appeared on the front page! The photo below is my own, though. Catherine's car was the talk of the Fort, and every time I saw it, someone was photographing it!



I will do another post about my classes, but one of the highlights of Art Fest for me this year was going with a friend, and having all of that time to connect and share. Ruth, Margot and Karen were all experiencing their first Art Fest, after hearing all about it from me the last two years.
It was a real joy to see each of them get the great buzz that comes when one realizes that they have really tapped into the huge well of creative energy that is so readily available at ArtFest!
This was my third year, and I was worried last year that the first year had been a fluke, but this year I KNEW that the magic was real, and just expected it to happen!

On Friday night, my friend Paula and I finally found each other, and seeing her was another great part of the experience. We got to know each other at the PLAY retreat in early February, so it was great to have a chance to reconnect! We both took Theo Ellsworth's class, but on different days, so it was fun to compare our books. More on that class in another post.


Paula and Ruth and I had a wonderful breakfast together on Sunday before heading home. Earlier that day, Delorse took this photo of the three of us, from left to right, Ruth, Paula and me. We were in the cafe in the Commons, where I enjoyed a split shot soy latte every day, they were fantastic! I have only recently started to drink coffee again occasionally, and those lattes were so tasty! Luckily, they don't seem to taste as good around here, because the price of a latte has gone up a lot since I last indulged!
Once I have photographed my pieces from the classes I took, I will do another post. For some reason, I wasn't as interested in taking photos while I was at ArtFest this year.

2 comments:

Miss J said...

Great to have you back, Gwen! Can't wait to see what you write about all that you made this year at ArtFest. thanks for showing it to me when me met for coffee! It was really inspiring, and I can't wait to see it again and hear more about it.

xo
J

celeste said...

yippee! you're back to posting.
we need another Third Place Books meet-up. I want to see works in progress and finished works and inspired ideas from everyone!