Monday, March 31, 2008

So much for two posts a week.....

So. Here we are on the last day of March and nothing accomplished for TIF for February, or March. I guess this means that I am out. I still intend to follow along with the blog, and I will work on getting my things posted as I go.

On Wednesday, I leave for ArtFest, so doubtless I will have many photos to post next week. I am very much looking forward to going, and seeing all of my friends from all over and taking some fabulous classes.

Even though we had SNOW on Saturday, I still feel the stirrings of spring, and seem to be coming out of my incredible slump. I have been doing my taxes, so they will be filed on time this year, for the first time in a couple of years! It will be a huge relief to have that off my plate before I go to ArtFest!

My daughter and her wonderful boyfriend made it to Austin, and we talk at least every other day. They love it there, though they do get homesick, and I am so happy for them and proud of their bravery. As far away as I got was Seattle from Portland!

My son has a great new job and is living in Seattle, where there is so much happening for young people, so I am happy and proud for/of him!

Now I am going to get started on making my life happy and fulfilling! Not that I am not happy, but I have been letting a lot of things slide (like my business and art) and my body (too much eating to fill the void and not enough exercise--or any, really).

I went back to Weight Watchers this morning, and I am READY this time. Thanks to my daughter and my sister and my leader, Claudia, for the encouragement! I stopped at the grocery on the way home and got supplies for vegetable soup!

I hate to admit to WW on this blog, but if I had any pictures of myself on this blog, you would know why I am doing it...

It is good to be back, and I am going to be honest with myself from now on.

4 comments:

Judy Wise said...

Bravo for new beginnings. I love WW; made use of their services one time myself and learned about food. Hope to cross your path at Artfest. xo

Paula McNamee said...

I'm looking forward to seeing you this week at ArtFest and catching up. Good for you to start afresh one step at a time. Abrazos, Paula

Miss J said...

I'm glad you are back! I've missed reading your blog and seeing all the great things you make.xo J

juanita sim said...

Hey, I'm glad to see you've posted again. All the best with the work you are doing around health and your body. Courage! It's both brave and compassionate to be willing to share your current challenges here.