Monday, February 25, 2008

Not making much progress...

We have had a lot going on psychically around here lately, our daughter is leaving tomorrow to drive to Austin, Texas to live with her boyfriend. There was a good-bye party for them tonight. I can't wrap my head around the idea of her being about 2000 miles away. I am very happy for them, I think that it will be great for them to spread their wings in another part of the country, and we will be able to visit them eventually.

I have been trying to prepare myself for them being gone, but I didn't cry when we said good bye tonight. I just can't believe that they won't be here...

Also, a very dear friend has breast cancer, and we have been worried, and praying and trying to do what we can. These two things are occupying a lot of my mind, and I haven't been able to really focus on doing any work on my collage for TIF. I have it pictured in my head, and I hope to have it done by the first part of next week.

I am also working on a small fabric collage for a fabric fatbook for ArtFest. I have everything cut out and pressed and stamped, but haven't gotten the sewing machine out to put them together.
Hopefully, I will feel like working on them tomorrow.

One good thing through all of this, we have been having gloriously sunny weather, and it has been warm for February, it does a lot to lift my mood.

3 comments:

juanita sim said...

It sounds like there's a considerable amount of upheaval going on in your life right now. 2000 miles is a long way. If it turns out that way, I think it would be fine if you missed a month.

Jacqui said...

Hi Gwen, kids leaving is a terrible upheaval and it does leave you in kind of limbo for a while, at least for me that is how it has worked.

Fortunately, my kids have done in small steps, my eldest going to uni, just 60 miles away, son going a bit further , a 100 miles and now my youngest has moved 250 miles away plus until recently they are all students so have regular breaks home.

However, I have a situation with my eldest daughter who has just graduated and she knows she would be best moving out of TX for her field but she is reluctant to move because she would be moving away from us. I suspect its because we moved she was 15 from her childhood home to TX which she found traumatic and obviously as long as she can avoid that again, she will.

Anyway be assure that Austin is a brilliant city to live in. It is vibrant and young plus it has very good and growing airport. I am sure you will be seeing her all too soon.

Hope your DF is soon in remission and enjoying life even more fully soon.

Sometimes, our creativity has rest to catch up with our lives.

Thanks for the comment on my blog btw.

celeste said...

artfest is coming,
artfest is coming

oh, and i tagged you for a meme on my blog. :)