Thursday, January 31, 2008

Today I go to PLAY: the retreat

Today I am leaving for Port Townsend, one of my favorite places in the world, for a new Teesha and Tracy Moore production. It is a small art journaling retreat, only 35 people, to be held at Fort Worden, a state park on Puget Sound and the Straits of Juan de Fuca. It is a beautiful and magical setting, and magic is sure to happen.

I am bringing about 3 different journals, and we are going to make a journal tonight, with instruction from Teesha, using a very nice watercolor paper for the pages. I will probably end up using that one the most, but I want to have plenty to work with. Other than the journal making, the weekend is supposed to be very unstructured, just time to play in our journals. It will be heaven!!

I am sharing a room with Paula, a woman I met at ArtFest last year who is also in the photoart journal group. I am looking forward to getting to know her, and everyone else who will be there.

There will be lots of pictures next week...

If you are interested in seeing some amazing work from the TIF challenge, check out http://takeitfurtherchallenge.blogspot.com. There are many amazing artists taking part in this. I will have to wait until I return on Monday to see what February's challenge will be, I can hardly wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the collage Gwen!
Have a fabulous journaling weekend!
Jeanette

celeste said...

tell us all about PLAY
looking forward to seeing all that you learned and did --
Third Place Books Commons sometime?