Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Take it Further Challenge

I am going to do the monthly Take it Further challenge with SharonB of In a minute ago. See Jan. 1st for a link to the blog. This month's challenge is to think about someone one admires and do an interpretation of the theme in fiber or paper. There is always a second challenge which will involve a color scheme.

I like the color scheme well enough, but I am going to go with the admiration challenge. I want to do some of the challenges in fiber, but I think that this one will be using paper and other things. I have been thinking of who I admire, and the ones who come most readily to mind are artists I have met in the last 4 or 5 years.

The central characteristic is bravery, it seems to me, they all pursue their dreams and really work at them. In other words, they take themselves seriously! They love what they do, and they allow themselves to do what they love. I am thinking of one person in particular, who has taken GIANT steps, and only occasionally scares herself by looking down. She doesn't let that stop her, though, she gets her balance and continues on.

I am starting to get an idea for what I want to do in writing this. Check back for more progress...

1 comment:

Barbara Hagerty said...

This sounds very interesting. . .not exactly sure where you're headed, but I'm along for the ride! Can't wait to see it develop.