Friday, January 25, 2008

doll project for charity

I have joined the community art doll project, see button in sidebar! It is a great project, and thanks to Debra and Monica for helping me figure out how to add the button!

Anyway, click the link above and sign-up, as well. I will making a fabric backed 2" square to contribute to the art doll. That is pretty easy, and all proceeds will go to breast cancer research! I promised myself that I would only do the TIF challenge, and the things for ArtFest this year, so I can concentrate on doing my own art, but anyone can do a 2" square for a good cause!

I am suddenly very energized about my massage practice. Lately all I have wanted to do is make art, and I have rejoiced when I didn't have clients. I will definitely have to "work from my stash" if this continues, unfortunately, there is not a "stash" of rent money or food money, so I need to do both art and massage. The art supply stash is seemingly endless, however!

So. I am going to do some teaching, and I am adding some new features to my practice. I am excited about both of these things, and made myself a long to-do list to move ahead with my ideas. I think once I get some of the key items on the to-do list done, I will have more clients, and be closer (much) to my goal of being fully self-employed by May. I know that this is very vague, but I promise to be more clear once I have gotten things going!

Today I am thinking, Hooray for me!

3 comments:

MargaretR said...

All the best with your teaching, practice and you art. You are going to be a very busy lady!
Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.

Debra Spincic said...

You can put the blog button in the same HTML box that you used for the TIF Challenge button and it will show up in your sidebar. Do you have the code?

Gwen said...

Thanks, Debra, I found the html, and did it!

Thanks to Monica, also!