Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Super-toy, continued...

I should have waited to post my last entry until I had tried more stuff with my wonderful new printer! Below is my first inkjet transfer, done on the ultra cheap (as in quality) photo paper from Walmart, as recommended by LK Ludwig. I am thrilled with how it came out. Next, a journal page with transfers:
The one on the left is a black and white photo of a photo, and the right is an image from the web of an equation for "strange attractors". I have no idea what that means, but I liked the name and the image. The transfers weren't as successful, because the paper in my visual journal is pretty thin, so water media makes a big mess.
Another page, using a photo taken in Pioneer Square in Seattle, looking up toward downtown. I think that it looks like Gotham City. The other page has a collection of ephemera I picked up at Floating World Books and Comics in Portland last year.
More things from Floating World, and some helpful advice from Homeland (In)Security, found in the middle of the phone book (!??) for what to do in a "situation". If we were in a "situation", would you turn to the middle of the phonebook for advice? I don't think so. I use my phonebook for cheap paper to do gluing on, and that is how I found this...

I have begun working on my collage for the TIF challenge, more later, and some preliminary photos.

5 comments:

Michele said...

Gwen,

The inkjet transfers are wonderful! You must be having lots of fun with the new printer. I got one last year that I am still discovering new things I can use it for and it's been a great new tool to my art supply "closet."

Michele

celeste said...

*love* the inkjet transfer! so is that a photo of a journal page? what is the original - a photo or a scan or a digital creation?
love the 50's woman stamp and the astrick like stamp too.

Judy Wise said...

Happy 28th Anniversary to you too, Gwen! I've been loving your journal pages; even looked up the cheapie photo paper that Walmart carries just to see if I could identify it. I tried some inkjet transfers today and they failed - why is it that they work on some days and not on others? xoxo

Julie said...

I love your journal. It looks like you are very free when you work in it. Cool transfers too! I can never get mine to work right.

I have always wondered that about the phone book. Seems like the last place you would look in the event of an emergency. I like that you use the paper. What a great source of thin, cheap paper with text on it.

kelly rae said...

gwennie,
LOVE the transfers. love the journal pages. and too funny about middle of the phone book security tips. seriously?