Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Day and what I am thankful for

My page for Thanksgiving, no relation to the day, just what I grabbed from my rat's nest of an art table... The following page I did a couple of days ago, and I truly hate it. I didn't want to post it, but I think to be honest to my process, I have to. I was still grabbing things from my table, but it has no coherence at all. I kept trying to "fix" it, with the doodles around the circles on the background paper, but I hated the big elements I put on the page, and could see no way to bring them together. Maybe in a few weeks or months, I will be struck with some inspiration of how to make it more likeable, but at this point, I doubt it. Maybe I will just cover the whole thing with other scraps?
I hope that you have a festive and warm Thanksgiving, I am thankful for my children, and how well they are adapting to adulthood. They are spending Thanksgiving with my parents in Portland, and we will be celebrating with my husband's family in South Seattle. I am thankful for my husband, who always supports me in any wild idea I come up with. I am constantly, for 29 years now, amazed at how lucky I have been. He is a gem.

I am thankful for my life, for the constantly unfolding surprise of discovery that it has been, and continues to be. I am thankful for my friends, some dating back to college, and many more recent. It is a true blessing to have so many friends in life.

What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

Miss J said...

Hi Gwen. Thanks for sharing your pages here. I think it takes guts to put work out there for everyone to see, period. I think it is brave that you'd put your pages up and write about not liking one of them, so keep it up! All of your creative work is important since it will just lead you to the next idea, and the next, and the next!I really love the visual journal idea.. so inspiring.

Judy Wise said...

Your pages are wonderful, Gwen. I love my journal so much and it is apparent that you love yours too. I hope all is well with you. xoxo