Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Back in the swing...

Here is the journal page I did after returning from Fort Worden and the massage weekend, the background is cut from our schedule sheets... I was really tired and slow all last week, hence no entries here. The following page is the only other one I did last week.
The page below is the one I did today. I feel like I am out of the flow, and need to get back into doing this daily. I have missed it, and I think that I will do several pages today, because I have more time, and I feel like it!
Yesterday, my daughter woke me at 6:30 and asked if I wanted to go to Snohomish. This is a November tradition for us. I started going for a wonderful Christmas bazaar they had on the first Saturday of November probably 20 years ago. When my daughter was about 10 or 12, she started to want to go with me and the friend I went with, and when the friend moved away, she and I started making it a tradition for just the two of us to go.

The bazaar faded away, and for several years we have just gone to shop in the town and have lunch. We get some Christmas shopping done, and have fun. Our favorite store is Joyworks, on the main street of town. She got several presents, and I got LARGE pillows covered in red and tan ticking for our couch, which is a futon with wooden arms, the pillows look great and make the arms comfortable, finally!

We had a wonderful time, and it didn't start to rain until we were almost home! Last year we were drenched all day! Below is a photo of my beautiful daughter by a weathered brick wall in Snohomish.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Hey Gwen, your pages look wonderful! I'm glad you got back into creating art today. I know it always lifts my spirit to be able to make something. Your daughter IS beautiful and I love your tradition of going to Snohomish. I love that town.
Bear hugs,
Michele Unger