Thursday, June 14, 2007

Still no photos, but hang in there!

I can't believe that I still haven't put up the photos! I have been busy, my friend Tina came for a few days. She is one of my best friends from college, and really for the rest of my life, too.

Tina's cousin, Mary VandeBogart, http://www.maryvdb.com/, has a show at Noble Horse in Pioneer Square in downtown Seattle. Tina came for the opening, which was on the 7th. It was great fun to go and celebrate Mary, and see Tina's other cousins, Mary's sisters, who I have known for almost as long as I have known Tina!

Mary is an amazing artist, she works in clay, sculpture, printmaking and most recently, bronze! Her bronze sculptures of horses are incredible. There is so much life in them, she took a class in the anatomy of horses--how cool is that??--and her sculpture shows it. It is so much more than technical skill, though. She has put the spirit of the horse into her work. Go and see the exhibit, if you are in the area!

Tina and I hit a couple of other gallerys while we were down there, I don't usually get a chance to go to First Thursday, because I work on Thursday evenings, so it was a real treat for me.

Friday we spent the whole day at Pike Place Market, it was an absolutely beautiful day, and we had a great time looking at everything, and sampling various food stuffs throughout the day. I had to make sure that we hit Milagros, my favorite store in the Sanitary Market. I came away with some Frida postcards and some wonderful handmade paper stamped with milagros (red paper stamped with yellow--Yummy!).

Tina lives in Salt Lake City, and we have never visited her and Jim there, but we made plans to go in August. I know, I know, it will be VERY HOT, but they have a fabulous vegetable garden, and August will be a perfect to partake of all of my favorites from the garden.

I have also been disciplining myself to devote some time to my business, which is massage. I have been having so much doing art, that I have been neglecting the business end of my business. I never neglect my clients, but doing marketing for the business always falls at the bottom of my to-do list. This is not smart if one wants to make a living and buy art supplies...

So, I have been writing a newsletter, and spiffing up my website, and planning some classes to do over the next few months.

Once I get going on a project, it becomes exciting, but sometimes it is hard to get started. Trying to learn just to make that first step, like putting the first big line on the big white journal page!

Pictures coming soon.......

No comments: