Sunday, June 17, 2007

Finally, some photos

Here are some close-up pictures of my studio table. In retrospect, maybe close-ups were not such a good idea, all of the messiness is quite apparent! I love having access to everything I need and want all within reach (for the most part). On the left is a peek at the accordian book I did for the people who went to ArtFest from my photoart journal book, more views to follow.



Another view of the studio table, showing the Ikea boxes that I have wanted forever, and finally purchased. It is so great to know just where various tools are. I have collections of various ephemera in the little boxes on top.
The other end of the table, that stack contains some of my rubber stamps, also easier to find now! Stamp pads are in a cassette tape holder that my husband found for me at a thrift store. He found an enormous one later, which we plan to put on the wall above the table, as I have filled the smaller one on the table. It will go back to thrift store heaven.

By the way, my husband is a fabulous thrift store shopper. He finds amazing things because he knows where to look in the two stores he frequents a couple times every week! How cool is that! He got me a table top easel awhile back. Did I already say that?
Here is an open view of the ArtFest accordian book. The pockets contain wallet-sized photos taken at ArtFest, and I managed to spell out A R T F E S T. The photos are on the reverse side.

The cover is a scan from an old McTavish toffee tin, stamped and labeled.
The finished book, tied with ribbon.
I am working on another page for a small accordian book, only 5 players, called Sanctuary. I am altering photos to construct the page. I am doing the altering manually, and it looks good. I can't wait to see the finished book.


I also decided to give fatbooks a rest for a while, and signed up for an altered fabric swap! I am totally excited about this one, we can fancy dye, paint, stamp, silkscreen, whatever--4 to 6 fat quarters. We will get back as many fat quarters as we submit. A fat quarter is a half yard of fabric cut in half through the middle, so approx. 18"X 22". This is a great size for working and a handy size for using in quilts or other projects. I plan to submit 6, and have them all be different. It will be a great way to try different techniques.


Now mind you, I have never dyed, painted or stamped fabric, but I am thrilled to try it. I have read a lot about it, and these swaps are a great way to try new things, and for me they are especially good, because if I have a deadline, then I get things done!

2 comments:

Judy Wise said...

Wow, your studio looks tidy to me. Thank you for a fun tour, I love to see the studios of other artists.

patty van dorin said...

Don't you just love the IKEA box storage. I have a load of them.
Your studio looks like a fun place to work in.