Friday, May 25, 2007

Hello...

Here are some photos of what I have been up to at my studio table lately. I signed up for a few fatbooks because the themes intrigued me, and here are the results, these pages are for a book called graffiti, that was to be based somewhat on Traci Bautista's book Collage Unleashed. I met Traci at AF and bought her book, and was itching to try some.
These were made by pouring acrylics on some canvas paper and using an old credit card to scrape it over the page. On some, I went back in and added some twinkling H2O's to cover any white spots.
I then cut the canvas paper in to the requisite number of pages, all 4X4, and stamped with foam shapes in several colors, and finally I used gesso and circular implements to over-stamp. I also doodled on some with black pen, but I don't think that I have any pictures of that.
After each stage, I had them laid out to dry on the dining room table, and they were so colorful and fun, that it was hard to package them up to mail off. I took a lot of pictures, and intend to make more squares to add to other art work. Very fun project.

Above is an example of the page I made for the Heavy Metal fatbook. I stamped black cardstock with a great background stamp using silver metallic ink, then punched the hole, added eyelets around the hole, and wired a washer into the center. It was time consuming and a little hard on the hands, setting all of the eyelets, but I am very pleased with the results. It has the industrial look I was trying to achieve.
I also completed pages for the current photoart journal book, Windows, and got those in the mail.
I really love having a table, I feel that I can really get in to the flow of what I am doing, I can reach all of my supplies, and it is private. It has made a huge difference for me. I feel more organized about all of my projects, and look forward to the ones still coming up.
We are going to Portland this weekend to visit my parents and my brother. We haven't been there for several months, and I am looking forward to spending time with them, and just getting away with Tom. They celebrated their 59th wedding anniversary last week! It is such a blessing in my life to have my parents still with us, I love them.

No comments: