Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday

I have been a little silent. I am working on a couple of fatbook pages, due next week, and I made a small studio for myself in our second bedroom.

I have been working on our dining room table since we moved in here, but then everything was always a mess, and I had to haul supplies from one room to another--not fun. It also tends to put a damper on the creative process.

We had a twin bed in the second bedroom, because we wanted to have a place for both kids to stay if they both came over at the same time. Well, they live within 6 miles of us, and that has never happened... We still have a very good futon as a couch in the living room, which we are happy to sleep on when we have guests, and I decided that if we got rid of the bed, I would have room for an art table!

This was accomplished in two weekends, and I now have the art table, and room to spread out my supplies and eventually have them a little more organized so I don't have to grub through several bins, saying "I know that I have a silver metallic pen! (insert all manner of swear words here)".

It would also be appropriate if I inserted a photo of said table here, but I haven't taken any yet. I am planning to, but wanted to post before I get around to that. It feels so good to finally have a space to create again, I feel relieved, and proud of myself for figuring out how to do it here in our small apartment.

1 comment:

lori said...

we all need our own space to create don't we? enjoy yours :)