Sunday, April 8, 2007

One week back from ArtFest...




This has been an incredibly busy week, I did a lot of massage, and a lot of smiling about ArtFest. I have been working on pages for the next photoart journal, titled "shades of black", and a ATC fatbook that I joined called Dream Trees. I am going to sew my fronts and backs together, but I have no green thread, so I got everything done but the sewing. I will buy thread after work tomorrow.

I met the head of the photoart journal group at AF last year. Her name is Catherine Anderson and she is an incredible photographer and artist. She puts all of our books together, and each one has been a work of art. I didn't know anything about photography when I joined, had just gotten a very SIMPLE digital camera, but thanks to the themes we have had for books, and the encouragement of Catherine and others in the group, I have discovered that photography is one of my favorite things.

I love the different way of seeing and being able to record the moment of one's vision, so others may share it. We mount our photos on cardstock and put a quotation or poem pertinent to the theme on the back. My quote for the "shades of black" photo expressed a lot of how I feel about my new-found love of photography:

"The urge to create, the urge to photograph, comes in part from the deep desire to live with more integrity, to live more in peace with the world, and possibly to help others to do the same."
Wynn Bullock (1902-1975)

I am including the photo for "shades of black" and the image on my ATC. I love trees and I took more pictures of trees than of anything else while I was at ArtFest! I will be making a small book of photos of AF for the members of the photoart journal who were at AF this year. It was a real highlight to meet 9 members of the group. We felt like we knew each other from studying each other's photos.

No comments: